[daip] TABED not working

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 3 15:22:32 EDT 2007

 > OPTYPE 'REPL'
 > aparm(1) 12
 > aparm(4) 1
 > KEYVALUE 0 0
 > BCOUNT 0
 > ECOUNT 0
 > go
 >

 > output:
 >
 > ASTRO > TABED1: Task TABED  (release of 31DEC07) begins
 > ASTRO > TABED1: You are using a non-standard program
 > ASTRO > TABED1:        4 Records selected
 > ASTRO > TABED1: ZOPEN: FILE DA01:HID00E001.1V2;      NOT FOUND
 > ASTRO > TABED1: ERROR  5 OPENING HISTORY FILE
 > ASTRO > TABED1: HILOCT: FILE    27 NOT OPEN IN HITAB
 > ASTRO > TABED1: Appears to have ended successfully
 > ASTRO > TABED1: astro        31DEC07 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
 >

 > To check if there was a change:
 >
 > restore 0
 > task 'prtab'
 > indi 3
 > getn 1
 > inext 'SU'
 > go
 >
 > --> no change.
 >
 > Perhaps it is just a problem with the instalation
 > of AIPS on astro.aoc.nrao.edu.
 >
 > Thank you again,
 >
 > Esteban

No it is a problem with your inputs - although the task should never
allow you to do what you told it to do.  You had OUTDISK=1 so that it
was writing to a file of some name that did not exist.  The HI error
message was the clue.  I will fix TABED to check that the output file
exists before proceding.  Note the OUTDISK=0 would have worked because
then the defaults would have kicked in.  Nonetheless you should be
using CLCOR.  A change to the SU table does nothing to the data and it
is really the data about which you should worry.  I would recommend
running UVFIX on your data before doing anything else - that will
bring the coordinates to J2000 and let you use more easily the latest
coordinate information and models for the calibration sources and the
like.  Who is advising you on how to reduce your data?