[daip] TABED not working

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 3 11:29:37 EDT 2007

earaya at nrao.edu writes:
 > It appears that there is a problem with the task TABED
 > in the current version of AIPS.
 >
 > I was trying to modify the coordinates of one of the
 > sources (the coordinates listed in the SU table; specifically
 > I intended to set a better coordinate value for the phase
 > calibrator), and the task did not change the coordinates.

    This is a useless and dangerous way to go about this.  If you
observed a calibrator at a wrong coordinate, then you must correct the
observations for this fact, not the documentation in the SU table.

CLCOR has the correct way to go about this.

 > As an extreme example, I tried to multiply by 0 all the declination
 > entries (i.e., a strong modification of all the coordinates
 > in the SU table). I used the following commands:
 >
 > restore 0
 > task 'tabed'
 > indi 3
 > getn 3
 > INEXT 'SU'
 > OPTYPE 'MULT'
 > Aparm(1) 12
 > aparm(4) 1
 > KEYVALUE 0 0
 > BCOUNT 0
 > ECOUNT 0
 > go

I just tried this and it worked fine in a gnu compiled and the Intel
compiled 31DEC07 versions.

I will have to see your full inputs to see if there is something else
going on.