[daip] RLDIF

R. Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Sun Apr 1 21:26:49 EDT 2007

I think RLDIF is ignoring the alias point at 180 deg when averaging
results to derive CLCORPRM.  I have a case where all the values are either
above 160 or below -145 (all but one below -165).  The CLCORPRM value for
this IF is 46. In a quick attempt to reproduce the average, I have not
gotten that value, but I suspect that RLDIF is weighting by the errors, or
some such, which I haven't done.  The unweighted averages, if the alias
point is ignored, is 35 for Ampscalar, 63 for upper data and 87 for lower
data.  The actual average should be near 180 (or -180).  I can provide
data if needed, but it should be pretty obvious in the code if this is
happening.

Cheers,

Craig

    R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
    cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
    Phone  505 835 7247        P. O. Box O
    Fax    505 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA