[daip] AIPS with lots of spectral channels

Chris Phillips Chris.Phillips at csiro.au
Sat Sep 30 08:09:48 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to process some spectral line polarimetry data with
4 polarisations and 8192 spectral points. After some "googling" it seems
clear that some of the problems I am having is that the product is too
large for ($INC/PUVD.INC) MAXCIF which is set to 16384.

I could recompile a few relevant tasks (UVCOP, DBCON etc) in a private
area (enough to reduce the # channels for calibration etc).

I could also recompile the whole of aips with MAXCIF set to 32768
(4x8192). Would this have any significant negative impact on users with
less spectral points?

Regards
Chris Phillips