[daip] Fwd: Remote use of AIPS

Jared Crossley jcrossle at nrao.edu
Tue Sep 26 16:39:13 EDT 2006

Okay, the TV is working now.  Thank you all!

I removed the .rhosts file, and created the ~/.ssh/config file as
Patrick suggested.  I then started aips with "aips
tv=jhc.aoc-vis.nrao.edu tvok", and the local TV works.

Ultimately, I want to be able to run AIPS remotely from home.  Will
this same method work outside the building?  I have been told that
imager-b is behind a firewall, so I am planning to ssh first to hamal,
for instance, and then to imager-b.

Patrick, I'm not sure what you mean by "the resolv.conf issue".  Is
this a concern?

-Jared