[daip] FILLM question/suggestion

Gustaaf van Moorsel gvanmoor at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 6 18:35:25 EDT 2006

Dear designated AIP,

I am running FILLM on a spectral line test file, containing many
scans with a variety of channels, bandwidths, etc.  In some cases,
the central frequency, the number of channels, the number of IFs,
etc. are all identical, but the channel separation (and therefore
the total bandwidth) is not.  This typically happens when one scan
uses Hanning smoothing and another one does not.  In that case,
FILLM appends the data with the different bandwidth using a new
FQID.  I did not see an obvious way to tell FILLM to put the data
in different files.  Is there such a way?  If not, I think it is
worth adding such an option, which maybe even should become the
default.

Thanks for considering this suggestion,

Gustaaf