[daip] 31DEC06 XAS not installed

Chun Ly chun at astro.UCLA.EDU
Thu Oct 19 12:14:30 EDT 2006

Thanks for your help Wes.

I had to download the xorg-x11-devel RPM. Unfortunately it was not
included in the FC5 CDs and I couldn't find it online. I had to install a
FC4 version. XAS *seems* to have installed with install.pl. Also, it
opened up in aips, but I have yet to try to load an image on it.

Going back to the issue of MNJ, is a do_daily suppose to be created from
the installation script? I ran it through and MAKE.MNJ is created, but
no do_daily.waumbek was created in my home directory. I did rename my
previous do_daily to something else. If I recall from a while back, I had
to source MAKE.MNJ. Although I'm getting the following error after
sourcing LOGIN.SH:
 MAKE.MNJ - AIPS environment not defined; did you remember $CDTST?

Cheers,
 - Chun