[daip] AIPS and X11 on MacOSX

Jared Crossley jcrossle at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 19 09:32:13 EDT 2006

On Oct 18, 2006, at 15:31, Lorant Sjouwerman wrote:

> What if you exit aips (not kleenex but exit) and by hand kill
> the XAS window; does that hang too?

I tried this just now, and it worked.  I was able to close all windows
and X11 quit normally.  I'll will use this method rather than kleenex
to quit AIPS in the future.

Interestingly, I used kleenex to close AIPS yesterday afternoon and it
worked fine.  I tried kleenex again this morning and X11 crashed.  So
the result is inconsistent, and I'm not sure why.  But, at least I now
have a method that works.

Thanks,
Jared