[daip] gain table entries

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 18 22:11:54 EDT 2006

Farhad Zadeh writes:
 > Hi Eric,
 > We are having some discrepant SgrA* flux values (DFTPL) with the light
 > curve  we are measuring
 > at 7mm using the fast switch technique. The amplitude of the variability
 > appears to depend
 > on the gain table entry in INDXR if we use something other default values. The
 > default is 5min but we have
 > sampled data with the fast switch every 3sec (90sec calibrator, 30sec source).
 > The values we are getting between 3sec and 5min is not consistent with
 > each other.
 > What should we
 > use for CPARM(3) in INDXR (leave it alone or change it to a number between 3sec
 > and 5min?). How do you determine the right gain table entry in fast switch
 > calibration
 > and Why is it so important to get the gain table entry accurately?
 >

 > As usual, many thanks for your help. Farhad

FILLM is usually used to set this interval.  Each scan is given a CL
table entry at the start and end and some in the middle if the scan is
long enough.  A PRTAB or SNPLT should show you this.  So the real
interval in your data will never be 5 minutes.  I do not know why you
are getting seriouus discrepancies - you should look at the SN tables
from CALIB and see how they get applied to the CL table by CLCAL.

I do not recommen a very short interval since you are measuring only
every 2 minutes for the cal.

Cheers,