[daip] AIPS and X11 on MacOSX

Lorant Sjouwerman lsjouwer at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 18 16:31:34 EDT 2006

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Jared Crossley wrote:

#I am using Mac OS 10.3.9 on a PowerBook G4.
#
#I have noticed over the past few days that every time I run KLEENEX in
#aips, something goes wrong with X11.  Twice, X11 has frozen and refused
#to quit, even when I did a "Force Quit" -- I had to cut power to my
#computer in order to shut the computer down.  Sometimes KLEENEX causes
#X11 to crash completely, and then I restart X11 to continue working.
#
#Is this a known problem, or is there something peculiar about my
#computer or AIPS installation?  Any suggested work arounds?

Jared,

are you using kleenex from hamal or any other NRAO machine ?
Or are you using kleenex from your machine while you haven't
exited the aips on hamal/NRAO first.
What if you exit aips (not kleenex but exit) and by hand kill
the XAS window; does that hang too?

Regards,

Loránt Sjouwerman - Scientific Services - lsjouwerman at nrao.edu