[daip] CLCAL problem.

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sat Oct 7 09:53:34 EDT 2006

I have found the source of the trouble and I do not know what is the
right thing to do.

SNSMO smooths delays separately from rates separately from amp/phase.
So if phases are 0 coming in they are 0 going out except for
multi-band delays (see below).

CLCAL smooths each separately but in the same subroutine.  Then it
says if the single band delay has changed, the phases should change
multiplied by FOFF(iif).  That factor seems wrong to me - should it
not be Fzero + FOFF(iif)?  That aside, should one change phases for a
smooth of delay?  Note that multi-band delay changes phases in SNSMO:

                  IF ((IPHASE.NE.FBLANK) .AND. (AMP.NE.FBLANK)) THEN
C                                       Multiband delay correction

                     IF ((IFEND.GT.IFBEG) .AND. SMOPHS .AND.
     *                  (RECR(MB1KOL).NE.FBLANK)) THEN
                        PHASE = PHASE + TWOPI * (FREQS(I)-FREQS(1)) *
     *                     RECR(MB1KOL)

but not in CLCAL.  Now I am really confused.

What do people thing is correct?

Note Craig that the CUBE mode has real difficulty extrapolating so
sensible phases in the smoothed SN table become crazy in the CL
table.