[daip] Mac AIPS problem

Jared Crossley jcrossle at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 6 14:00:22 EDT 2006

When I start AIPS the TV window does not open (typically it opens and
minimizes to the dock).  The only sign of a problem in the terminal is
a message about "Shared memory id failure".  I've included the full
text of the startup messages below.  TVSERV.EXE is running along with a
few other AIPS processes, but there is no TV window.  When I run
KLEENEX, all windows close normally, but the processes TPMON1 and
TVSERV.EXE do not quit.

When I type TVINIT, I get this:
---
 >tvinit
ZSSSO2 connect (INET): Connection refused
AIPS 1: ZSSSOP: CHANNEL ASSIGN ERROR FOR LUN    9
AIPS 1: YTVOPN: TV OPEN ERROR      6
AIPS 1: TV OPEN ERROR      6
---

I am running AIPS on my laptop, from Texas.  I was having a similar
problem yesterday afternoon, trying to run AIPS remotely from some
computers at the AOC.  Yesterday morning everything seemed to work
fine; so I'm not sure why this problem has started.

Startup messages:
---
START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called localhost
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on localhost asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC06 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC06) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on localhost
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
XASERVERS: Start XAS on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width height 2294 754, max grey level 255
Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
---

KLEENEX messages:
---
 >kleenex
AIPS 1: Begin check for any 'standard' scratch files
AIPS 1: Scratch files -- destroyed:    0  still active:    0
AIPS 1: User  101:   178 messages, oldest written 05-OCT-2006  11:34:39
AIPS 1: Deleted      0 messages
AIPS 1: Saved POPS environment in area named 'LASTEXIT'
ZSSSO2 connect (INET): Connection refused
AIPS 1: Session command-line history saved.
AIPS 1: localhost    31DEC06 TST: Cpu=        .1  Real=     412
---

Thanks,
Jared