[daip] AIPS on Macs, especially Intels

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 4 10:37:31 EDT 2006

George Martin writes:
 > The NRAO Unix sysadmins are trying to come up with an Observatory wide
 > standard install for Mac OS X, just like Linux and for that matter,
 > Windows.
 >
 > Is there currently a documented method of putting AIPS on a Mac? Unlike
 > Linux systems, presently there is likely on difference between a Mac
 > desktop or laptop as there is no NFS mounting of executables as would be
 > the case for Linux desktop systems.

The aips installation is the same on Macs as Linux outside of the
NRAO.  Desktops at the AOC are put in a fixed system and at CV are in
a different system which I am trying to get migrated to that of the
AOC.  Macs are on a per-machine basis at present as are all laptops.

Beyond this I do not know what you are asking.  K Scott has a general
plan he follows with laptops as does AMY when updating them.