[daip] mnj error?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 30 18:40:15 EST 2006

Lorant Sjouwerman writes:
 > Eric, Kscott,
 >
 > just ran a mnj on my laptop and it finished with this message
 >
 > AIPSUPD - all files in COMLNK.AT done
 > AIPSUPD - calling UPDREPORT
 > WARNING: RunAsUser for MSP ignored, check group ids (egid=15049, want=51)
 > can not chdir(/var/spool/clientmqueue/): Permission denied
 > Program mode requires special privileges, e.g., root or TrustedUser.
 > AIPSUPD - UPDREPORT done, MNJ finished.
 >
 > Is this in AIPS or something on the LINUX servers that has changed ?
 >
 > Still haven't gotten the update email, nothing suspicious in the LOG file
 > (which actually is a *.DOC not *.LOG as the message says)

It looks to me like the mailer code could not mail from your laptop.
This is the full aips proc being executed.

   [ ! -x $sendmail ] && sendmail="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
   if [ ! -x $sendmail ] ; then
     echo "Cannot find sendmail (/usr/sbin or /usr/lib)"
     echo "so AIPS midnight report is shown here"
     echo " -------------------------------------------"
     echo "From: $LOGNAME"
     echo "To: $MailList"
     echo "Subject: $subj"
     echo ""
     cat UPD$RunTime.DOC
   else
     tmpnam=UPDREPORT.$$
     /bin/rm -f $tmpnam
     echo "From: $LOGNAME"  >$tmpnam
     echo "To: $MailList"  >>$tmpnam
     echo "Subject: $subj" >>$tmpnam
     echo "X-Mailer: AIPS Midnight Job UPDREPORT" >>$tmpnam
     echo "" >>$tmpnam
     cat UPD$RunTime.DOC >>$tmpnam
     cat $tmpnam | $sendmail -oi -B8BITMIME -t
     /bin/rm -f $tmpnam
   fi
fi