[daip] VLBALOAD, VLBATECR, VLBAEOPS

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at nrao.edu
Wed Nov 22 16:26:21 EST 2006

Hi all,

This is just a note of thanks to Amy.  I am looking at a VLBA
program BN026 that had about 15 3-4 hour runs, one per
galaxy, in 2004.  There was a preliminary reduction made
before the EOP problem was found, and I'm hoping to work
on this while I'm traveling the next 10 days.

The process of just loading 15 data sets and doing all the
preliminary calibrations of ionosphere and earth orientation,
figuring out dates and ftp'ing the right files, etc., would have
been a royal pain.  But it's dead easy when I run
VLBALOAD, VLBAFIX (not needed), VLBATECR,
and VLBAEOPS.  All I have to do is pay attention to
my AIPS window and keep mounting and dismounting tapes.

Thanks for making data-reduction life a heck of a lot
easier for me.

Jim