[daip] PCAL

Andy Biggs adb at roe.ac.uk
Wed Nov 8 09:42:25 EST 2006

Hi there. I was wondering whether I'd found a few problems with PCAL. They
may be minor as the results generally seem to be okay.

1) INSEQ = 0 doesn't pick up the highest version of the CC table. For my
model, which has 2 CC tables, it uses CC1.

2) I'm using a model with the 'wrong' flux density and scale this to the
correct one by setting the correct flux density in the SU table. PCAL,
like CALIB, reports the scaling factors found. However, unlike CALIB which
reports (correctly) different scaling factors for each IF, PCAL reports
the scaling factor for IF1 in both IFs. Also, the scaling factor is
reported as being negative.

3) After running PCAL the values of the Stokes I flux density that I've
placed in the SU table have been reset to zero.

I've been running PCAL on a Mac PPC.

Cheers,

Andy