[daip] A suggested proc.

Craig Walker cwalker at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue May 30 16:04:38 EDT 2006

A procedure that I would find useful for managing my disk based archive
is a proc, or feature in PRTTP, that would run PRTTP on all files in a
directory.  This would be a companion to the other procs in WRTPROCS.
It would be the approximate equivalent to running PRTTP on a tape with
many files.

By the way, I've long had an awk script that generates one-line-per-file
indexes from the PRTTP PRTLEV 0 output.  I find I want the one liners
for glancing at when looking for something and the longer output when I
need details, so this saves me having to run it twice.  If you would
find the script useful, I can provide it.

Cheers,

Craig

     R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
     cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
     Phone  505 835 7247        P. O. Box O
     Fax    505 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA