[daip] bug in AIPS 'tst"

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue May 30 10:21:29 EDT 2006

Richard Porcas writes:

 > To whom it may concern..
 >
 > Both Andrew Lobanov and I have recently experienced a problem
 > when running FITLD from AIPS "test" version using data from
 > the JIVE correlator. The problem is that the source table
 > in the final file gives all sources the same id number.
 >
 > Our solution solution is to use the previous aips version.
 >
 > Richard Porcas

Unfortunately, I will have to see much more in order to debug this.
Could you send me a PRTAB output of the SU table?

I added code to 31DEC06 to check that tables are properly constructed
according to the FITS-IDI conventions which JIVE is supposed to
follow.  If they do not in some way then it is possible that a column
is no longer recognized.  Note that it was "recognized" before only by
being in the "right" (there is no right in the agreement) location.