[daip] 31DEC06

Lawrence Rudnick larry at astro.umn.edu
Wed May 24 15:05:55 EDT 2006

Eric - we've gone to 31DEC06.  thanks for the MWFLT mods.  I don't know
if you want me to write a few sentence description fo the "help" or
"explain" files? to give the prescription for how to do filtering
(basically, it's just, set cparm(1) and cparm(2) to at least 3x beam
extent in pixels, set dparm 0,1. Run 'min' on map, run 'max' on output
of 'min' to get all emission larger than 3x beam.  Can be subtracted
from original map to get only more compact emission.
           Shea is making some progress on the WENSS editing --  FLAGR
is so powerful, takes quite a while to figure out how to tune -- he's
mostly working with SPFLG, UVFLG right now on clearly bad channels.  At
some point, it definitely would be worthwhile to be able to do clipping
based on cross-hands.  However, it looks like you can't do the
equivalent of a UVFLG clip on SPLIT data by amplitude (getting rid of
individual high channels) in FLAGR, just get rid of a whole spectrum(IF,
correlator)-baseline pair,  but isn't a channel-based clip what you'd
want to do for RFI that's concentrated?

lr