[daip] FLAGR

Lawrence Rudnick larry at astro.umn.edu
Fri May 19 14:31:05 EDT 2006

Eric -  I've asked our system people to install 31Dec06 -- not clear how
soon they'll get to it, so I'm going to have Shea see how well he can do
on the RFI with the parallel feeds.
          I don't know what cross-hand RFI looks like on the VLA.  For
our WSRT data, the signal is near zero from the sources, and the RFI
comes booming in, so it's clearly the place to identify for flagging.
Sounds like a good capability to add for FLAGR anyway, because it's in
the spirit of
putting in all kinds of experimental tools like you already have, till
we figure out the best way to kill the RFI.

            lr