[daip] Re: AIPSMark

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri May 19 16:34:51 EDT 2006

You are getting the same error we have seen with multiple versions of
the Intel compiler (but strangely not the one we actually use).  The
linker will not allow us to list a directory twice in the list but our
code requires that.  If you look at all of the link edit lists you
see in each program area in $SYSLOCAL/LIBR.DAT, e.g.

$LIBR/APLSUB/SUBLIB:0:$APLPGM
$LIBR/APLLINUX/SUBLIB:0:$APLPGM
$LIBR/APLSUB/SUBLIB:0:$APLPGM
$LIBR/APLLINUX/SUBLIB:0:$APLPGM

cd to $LIBR and make link files:

ln -s APLLINUX DUMLINUX
ln -s APLSUB   DUMSUB

Then edit your LIBR.DAT to say (suitably modified for each program
area), e.g.

$LIBR/APLSUB/SUBLIB:0:$APLPGM
$LIBR/APLLINUX/SUBLIB:0:$APLPGM
$LIBR/DUMSUB/SUBLIB:0:$APLPGM
$LIBR/DUMLINUX/SUBLIB:0:$APLPGM

Some "genius" in the programming group decided to write a 1-pass
linker that would not allow the user to request a later pass.  I wish
we could talk them out of this but we do not have direct contacts in
Intel (we even buy the compiler through a 3rd party!).  Clearly this
is some sort of decision they have made that they have at times
changed.