[daip] Configuring new AIPS disks on MAC

Ilse van Bemmel bemmel at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Thu May 18 08:04:58 EDT 2006

I am trying to configure new AIPS disk areas on my MAC, but it will
not read a .dadevs file in my home directory. It finds the file, but
always seems to think it is empty. Editing the DADEVS.LIST in
$AIPSROOT/DA00 doesn't work either. AIPS will only see the disks that
I have listed when I installed it. I have tried editing every
possible file that I could think of that lists the data areas
($HOME/.AIPSRC, $AIPSROOT/DA00/NETSP), but to no effect.

I run the latest Tiger OS, AIPS version 31DEC06 with MNJ. Is this
perhaps a typical MAC problem or am I making some mistake? What would
be a quick fix, besides reinstalling AIPS with the new disk settings?

Thanks!
Ilse van Bemmel

--
Leiden Observatory