[daip] AIPS Linux

Murad Hamidouche mhamidou at astro.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 22 01:51:59 EST 2006

Hi,

I have installed AIPS on my Linux (Suse 8) in my home directory
(/home/AIPS) about a year ago and have been using it just fine.

So, I have just upgraded my Linux into Suse 10 and re-did my partitioning
on my disks, the /home directory was not touched of course. But with the
new partitions I moved /home/AIPS into an other partition called
/home/DATA1/AIPS (as my AIPS needs a lot of room).

Since aips was installed in /home not in / , I thought it can still
run by changing the paths accordingly: $AIPS_ROOT in LOGIN.CSH, TVALT,
AIPSPATH.CSH..etc from /home/AIPS into the new /home/DATA1/AIPS,
and I copied the necessary instructions in /etc/services,
and finally: source LOGIN.CSH.

These were the steps I would think about to make it work, when I
source the LOGIN.CSH there is no error message.
However, when I type aips it doesn't find it ? Could you please let me
know if there is anything I may be missing ? May be there is some path I
need to change that I have forgotten ? I went through the doc but couldn't
figure out how to do it unless install it again ?

Cheers,
Murad

---
Murad Hamidouche