[daip] Large experiments, VBGLU, etc.

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu
Sat Mar 18 14:13:06 EST 2006

Hi all,

On the VLBA, why are we correlating projects (if we are) with
13 disk stations, for our 11 disk playbacks.  This makes life
miserable for the users.  Shouldn't we be recording only 11
stations on disk in that case, as I thought we had planned,
and a couple stations on tape?

Making a large number of users use VBGLU is not conducive
to making the VLBA more user friendly.  For 20-station
RDVs, the geodetic folks can buy us playbacks if they want
to get all 20 stations.  If we can get to 14-station support for
HSA, I'd rather spend another $100K keeping St. Croix from
collapsing than spend it on playbacks, and I bet the RDV people
sure would like to have SC as well.

I'm copying this to daip because of the work that has been done
on VBGLU and VBMRG recently.

Jim