[daip] Re: FILLM? VPT antenna

Lorant Sjouwerman lsjouwer at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 10 18:18:53 EST 2006

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Lorant Sjouwerman wrote:

#I just had an A+PT VLA expt, and the PT antenna ends up as
#EVLA antenna. I don't think that is correct - probably due
#to the FILLM-fix on Feb 28 or earlier (Jan 6?).
#

Ken says this bit is set in the MODCOMP when the antenna is
connected with fiber, which is true for PT-link obs. This
cannot be corrected for for past experiments, and unlikely
to be fixed now (the data is already recorded with this bit,
and there are only a few more PT-links left, maybe never with
the MODCOMPS again, besides they are not often reprogrammed)

I don't think it is affecting the data, it is just labeling.
However, we need to tell the users if they use FILLMs newer
than 31DEC05. I can make a TABED procedure if users think it
is a nuisance, or FILLM can catch VPT and reset it. Anyway

Regards,

Loránt Sjouwerman - Scientific Services - lsjouwerman at nrao.edu