[daip] Re: AIPS 31DEC02

Rekhesh Mohan reks at iiap.res.in
Thu Mar 2 05:08:00 EST 2006

Hi,

Thanks! Downloaded the files, but problems came up while installing. He
wanted to install it on an opteron based Sun-fire40z server. Since the
machine was running redhatEL with gcc-3.4.2, we tried to build gcc-2.95.3,
but turns out that configure did not understand machine architecture
(x86_64-unknown-linux). Patching the configure scripts with tips from gcc
mailing list also did not make any difference (make failed).

Anyways, thanks a lot for your help! I guess its better to request Bill
Cotton to update his software, rather than building an old software on new
machine :-)

--Rekhesh.

Eric Greisen said:

> The code he wishes to use is Bill Cotton's special stuff for
> directional-dependent phase calibration.  I am quite irritated at Bill
> for not maintaining his own code and so making this problem.  31DEC02
> is no longer supported and does not talk properly with more recent
> versions (for magnetic tape).
>
> Nonetheless, I have allowed read access to install.pl and
> 31DEC02.tar.gz in that area.
>
> Eric Greisen

dangerous content by OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is
believed to be clean.