[daip] AIPS session

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 27 11:53:34 EDT 2006

Glenn Morrison writes:

 > In the past when a aips session dies for some reason, tasks such as
 > IMAGR continue to run until they were completed. Have you changed
 > this feature?

there has been no deliberate change on our part.  This has always been
a variable and unpredictable aspect of the operating system.  IMAGR is
a child process of AIPS which is a child of the xterm etc.  What
happens on a CTRL-Z or CTRL-C seems not to be under our control.
Certainly we have not changed ZACTV9 for example or START_AIPS but you
have probably updated your operating system.