[daip] aips "uninstall"

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 27 10:37:06 EDT 2006

KRISTINE SPEKKENS writes:

 >   I am trying to repair an AIPS installation that was not installed by me
 > and that I fear has numerous problems - so I think the easiest way forward
 > is to wipe the installation and start fresh. To do this, do I simply wipe
 > all of the files/directories in $AIPS_ROOT? Does AIPS write files under
 > any other directory trees that I should know about?

Other than data directories which can be anywhere, no.  It will be
more work to do a completely new installation - you might try deleting
just $AIPS_ROOT/31DEC06 but it may be that starting completely over
would be better.

Alternatively, pick a whole new $AIPS_ROOT and install there (if there
is enough disk space).  Then copy as needed from the old installation
and finally delete the old.