[daip] PCCOR question

Dayton Jones Dayton.L.Jones at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 20 17:36:43 EDT 2006

Hi.  I am working with a small interferometer at JPL that sends an LO
signal to each antenna over a fiber optic cable.  Temperature changes
in the cables cause changes in the LO phases, so we measure and record
the round-trip phase variations for each cable.  My plan was to apply
these phase corrections, suitably scaled, to the baseline phases in
AIPS using tasks PCCOR and CLCAL.  The correlator output is currently
written to a FITS file to which the cable phase data are added.  In
AIPS the cable phases are contained in a PC table, with one pair of
real and imaginary values per antenna per time interval.  However, I
just found that PCCOR will not deal with data having a single IF, so
I am not able to get the cable phase corrections into SN or CL tables
to apply to the visibilities.  It is important that we correct the
baseline phases because we need to use them to solve for an improved
baseline vector.  Is there an alternative way to apply an external,
time-dependent phase correction to data in AIPS?  Thank you for any
suggestions you may have.  Cheers,
                                    Dayton Jones  (dj at sgra.jpl.nasa.gov)