[daip] 31DEC06 library questions

Cormac Reynolds reynolds at jive.nl
Tue Jun 13 06:35:06 EDT 2006

hi,

we recently upgraded to the 31DEC06 version of AIPS (binary install). We use an
NFS mounted central version that runs on various machines, all with slightly
different versions of SUSE linux. Some machines (newer ones) appear to have a
problem with the 'DEFAULT' command (RESTORE 0, COMPRESS are o.k.). Some
parameters get set to crazy values (e.g. indisk defaults to 10**-45 instead of
0) and this causes problems for scripts, etc. that use 'DEFAULT'. As far as I
can see so far, this is the only command that misbehaves, but I haven't done an
exhaustive check. The older machines seem to have no problems.

My guess is this is a dynamically linked library problem as the different
machines have different versions of these. So my question is, do you have any
idea which of the libraries is (are) likely to be the cause? Is there one that
DEFAULT uses that similar tasks such as RESTORE 0 and COMPRESS do not.

thanks,
Cormac.

Cormac Reynolds                      |   Phone: +31 (0)521 596507 (New!)
Science Operations & Support Group,  |   Fax: +31 (0)521 596539
Joint Institute for VLBI in Europe,  |   email: reynolds at jive.nl
Postbus 2,                           |
7990 AA Dwingeloo,                   |
The Netherlands.                     |