[daip] diana, scorpion

Gustaaf van Moorsel gvanmoor at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Jun 6 16:26:11 EDT 2006

I am running AIPS on a remote machine to which I am logged on using
ssh, e.g. 'ssh scorpion'.  The ssh is in a Linux terminal window
under Vmware.  For the data reduction tutorial at next week's imag-
ing school I have been assigned workstations scorpion and diana, in
room 200A and 200B.  I am running into two quite distinct problems
which I combine into this ticket.  They are both aips related so I
am including daip.

1 - I start AIPS as 'aips pr=1 tv-local'.  This is necessary for the
required tv and tek servers to display on my screen, and works quite
well.  However, when I exit aips, and then attept to end the ssh by
entering another 'exit', the window hangs: control is not passed back
to the underlying Vmware shell.  Note that when I do not start aips
with 'tv=local' (meaning I don't get a tv screen window), I can exit
the ssh session fine.

2 - Whereas running aips on scorpion works, aips on diana fails, with
the error message: ZOPEN: file DA00:PWD00000; not found.

Thanks,

Gustaaf