[daip] LPCAL Errors

Francesca D'Arcangelo fdarcang at bu.edu
Thu Jun 1 17:26:42 EDT 2006

I'm having problems with LPCAL.  About a month ago, I ran it (after
running CCEDT) using the 31DEC04 version of AIPS, and it gave me this
message:

agn.bu> LPCAL1: Task LPCAL  (release of 31DEC06) begins
agn.bu> LPCAL1: Processing IF number    1
agn.bu> LPCAL1: ZCLOSE: LUN = 28 ALREADY CLOSED IN FTAB ON SEARCH
agn.bu> LPCAL1: LPCSEL: NO DATA SELECTED FOR IF   1
agn.bu> LPCAL1: Appears to have ended successfully

When the images and the exact parameters were tried on another computer,
LPCAL ran fine, with no errors.

This month, I reinstalled AIPS, the 31DEC06 version, and am still
getting the same errors with LPCAL.  Do you have any idea what could be
wrong?  As I said, the parameters and images work on another computer
(running LPCAL) fine.

FYI, an example of the parameters I'm using is:
(I only change CALSOUR, IN2NAME, IN2CLASS, and NCOMP.)

AIPS 1: LPCAL   Task to compute instrumental polarization corrections
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'CAM05C'                Input UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'UNIT'                  Input UV file name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ        14                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Input UV file disk unit #
AIPS 1:                                    Data selection (multisource):
AIPS 1: CALSOUR    '0109+224'              Source to calibrate with
AIPS 1:            *rest ' '
AIPS 1: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Time range to use.
AIPS 1: SELBAND      -1                    Bandwidth to select (kHz)
AIPS 1: SELFREQ      -1                    Frequency to select (MHz)
AIPS 1: FREQID        1                    Freq. ID to select.
AIPS 1: BCHAN         1                    Start channel 0=>all
AIPS 1: ECHAN         0                    End channel 0=>all
AIPS 1: BIF           0                    Lowest IF number 0=>all
AIPS 1: EIF           0                    Highest IF number 0=>all
AIPS 1: ANTENNAS   *all 0                  Antennas to solve for.
AIPS 1: UVRANGE       0           0        UV range in kilolamdba
AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      0                    Subarray, 0=>1
AIPS 1:                                    Cal. info for input:
AIPS 1: DOCALIB      -1                    > 0 calibrate data & weights
AIPS 1:                                    > 99 do NOT calibrate weights
AIPS 1: GAINUSE       0                    CAL table to apply.
AIPS 1:                                    CLEAN map. If not given,
AIPS 1:                                    unpol. source is assumed.
AIPS 1: BLVER        -1                    BL table to apply.
AIPS 1: FLAGVER      -1                    Flag table version
AIPS 1: DOBAND       -1                    If >0 apply bandpass cal.
AIPS 1:                                    Method used depends on value
AIPS 1:                                    of DOBAND (see HELP file).
AIPS 1: BPVER        -1                    Bandpass table version
AIPS 1: IN2NAME    '0109_CAM05C'              Cleaned map name (name)
AIPS 1: IN2CLASS   'IMAP'                     Cleaned map name (class)
AIPS 1: IN2SEQ        1                       Cleaned map name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: IN2DISK       1                       Cleaned map disk unit #
AIPS 1: IN2VERS       2                    First CC file version #.
AIPS 1: NCOMP        10        *rest 0     Number of sub-models,
AIPS 1:                                    1 value per field
AIPS 1: NMAPS         1                    No. Clean map files (fields)
AIPS 1: SOLINT        0                    Preavg. interval (min)
AIPS 1:                                    0 => no averaging.
AIPS 1: PRTLEV        0                    Print statistics 0=>results
AIPS 1:                                    1=>results&residuals
AIPS 1: CPARM      *all 0                  Task enrichment parameters
AIPS 1:                                    (1) > 0 => average in IF
AIPS 1:                                       and find common solution.
AIPS 1:                                    (2) > 0 => compute model
AIPS 1:                                       using the image
AIPS 1: BADDISK    *all 0                  Disk no. not to use for
AIPS 1:                                       scratch files.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Frannie D'Arcangelo