[daip] Oddity in FLATN

rlaing at eso.org rlaing at eso.org
Thu Jun 1 07:20:38 EDT 2006

I recently had occasion to run FLATN on images produced from a uv dataset
precessed to J2000 from B1950 using UVFIX. I noticed that the central pixel
coordinate was way off (no shift had been applied). I think this is because I
had COORDINA = 0 and FLATN took the observed RA and Dec, in B1950, and
interpreted it as if it were J2000. Work-around was to put the correct J2000
coordinates in manually via COORDINA.

Would it be possible for FLATN to precess the observed position in such cases?

Regards

Robert

--
Prof Robert Laing
European ALMA Instrument Scientist

European Southern Observatory
Karl-Schwarzschild-Strasse 2
D-85748 Garching-bei-Muenchen
Germany

Telephone (direct)     (+49) 89 3200 6625
           (secretary)                6631/6234/6678
Fax                                  6611

rlaing at eso.org