[daip] $SYSLOCAL/LIBR.DAT

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 25 15:24:20 EDT 2006

shoshana rosenthal writes:

 > Our $SYSLOCAL/LIBR.DAT has the changes necessary for running with
 > the Intel compiler. The MNJ seems to update this file, which
 > causes problems. Would you know what we have configured wrong to
 > cause this update?

I try to avoid changing LIBR.DAT but when I do change
$SYSLINUX/LIBR.DAT it does end up in $SYSLOCAL.  It had errors in it
that needed to be fixed and probably affected your link edits.
Unfortunately the Intel compiler has this bug with libraries that we
have not gotten them to address (so far).  This makes your Linux one
an odd-ball and leaves it with a chance of being over-written.  You
should keep a copy under a non-standard name so that you can do a diff
and restore.  The MNJ report tells in detail when it does this
$SYSLOCAL updating.