[daip] Interesting Development...

ttp2103 at columbia.edu ttp2103 at columbia.edu
Fri Jul 21 14:13:03 EDT 2006

Hi again,

I hate to be filling your mailbox but I had a hunch, even though I
don't understand what it means, and I more or less (despite the
lack of understanding) solved the problem.  I noticed the line in
the error message about INET and the "address" being in use.  I had
changed the location of my laptop in the lab yesterday and moved to
a different wireless network upstairs and that's when the problem
started so I went back to where I was working prior to yesterday,
linked up on ethernet, and no error came up and the TV window
opened as usual.  I think this is strange because I know I don't
need to be linked to a network to run AIPS.  In any case, the
problem is pseudo-fixed.