[daip] PCCOR??

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 13 16:19:33 EDT 2006

Matt,

I have receved the fits file of  BL137B you sent me and converted it
into AIPS.

As I understand you use the source 1226+023 as the calibrator and
timerange is: 1/08:26:45-1/08:28:30.
Correct?

I ran PCCOR .  You can find the PCCOR inputs(+result) I used and PC
table contents at the files:
BL137B.PCCOR.INP+RUN      BL137.PCTABLE
The files are under www.aoc.nrao.edu/~lkogan

Some comments:

1. There is no entry at the PC table for antennas: 1, 2,4,6,7,9 at all
for the selected time interval
(see the file BL137.PCTABLE)

2. PCCOR succesfully finished confirming statement 1

3. The PCCOR output can not be used anyway because 6 of 10 antennas are
not corrected.

4. I do not know why the PC table is so bad

5. Try to reproduce my test result and then we'll move later.

LK

The PC table contents is not good

Matthew L Lister wrote:

> I've put the cal. scan uv data from BL137B in the same web area. I no
> longer have the BL137A uncalibrated
> data on disk (just the tables), so I can't copy a scan from that
> dataset at the moment.
>
> - Matt
>
> Leonia Kogan wrote:
>
>> Matt,
>>
>> Having receved the PC table contents I do not see emmidietly a problem.
>>
>> I'd like to ask you  to UVCOP your data with the calibrator (you used
>> in PCCOR)  time range ;
>> to convert it to FITS file by FITTP and send it to me
>>
>> Please send me both succsefull BL137A and unsucsesful  BL137*B files.
>>
>> Leonia
>> *
>> Matt Lister wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Leonia,
>>> I've outputted the PC table with tbout to
>>>
>>> http://www.physics.purdue.edu/~mlister/AIPS/BL137B_X.PC
>>>
>>> The imhead for the file is below. By the way, the same problem has
>>> occurred for every BL137 8 GHz and 12 GHz band file that I've
>>> downloaded,
>>> e.g. BL137D_X, etc. I had no problems with BL137A_X when loading