[daip] Movies in AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 12 09:39:36 EDT 2006

AJ Heroux writes:

 > My name is AJ Heroux, and I am currently a summer student in Green Bank.
 > I was referred to you by David King.  I was wondering if there was a way
 > in AIPS to view a data cube, and then make a movie out of the course
 > through it.  David has assured me that it cannot be done (yet) in AIPS++,
 > but I was hoping that AIPS might have a way (at the risk of taking 200
 > screen shots and pasting them together in iMovie).  Thank you for any help
 > you can provide!

The function TVMOVIE (or TVCUBE) is used in aips to load the aips TV
with frames of a movie and then show them.  I do not know how one
constructs a movie for e.g. PowerPoint.  You could make a plot file of
each channel of your cube (GREYS, KNTR, PCNTR) and then make a
sequence of PostScript files (LWPLA) each with the same labeling and
grey-scale or contour settings. Perhaps the gimp would then be able to
make a movie from them.

This is probably better than TVLOAD; TVLAB, GO TVCPS which would make
the screen shots.