[daip] rates in CL tables

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 26 16:06:32 EST 2006

Lynn D. Matthews writes:

 > For a VLBA data set, does the rate information stored in the CL table ever
 > get used by subsequent tasks when the CL table is applied?
 >
 > For example, I would like to know whether if I create my CL table using
 > interpol 'SIMP' in CLCAL (effectively ignoring the rate information when
 > interpolating the phases), if this will thereafter be equivalent to
 > having zeroed the rates in FRING.

They are slightly different - SIMP ignores the rates and delays in
interpolating phases from the SN table into the CL table.  However, it
will interpolate non-zero rates to the CL table in its rate column.
(See $APLNOT/SN2CL.FOR)

When DOCAL is true, any non-zero rates are used in the interpolation
of phase if the rates change between CL entries.
(See $APLNOT/DATCAL.FOR)