[daip] VBGLU bug

Cormac Reynolds reynolds at jive.nl
Thu Jan 26 14:32:21 EST 2006

Hi,

I think I've located a bug in the VBGLU task. Occasionally I find it crashes
with the classic 'ZABORS: signal 11 received' message. This seems to happen
when VBGLUing fairly large files. The actual segmentation fault appears to
happen on line 1230:

        RINTIM(I+VICNT) = BUFOUT(IPT+JLOCT)

where (IPT+JLOCT) points beyond the length of the BUFOUT array. I found that
changing the value of OUTSIZ (the length of the BUFOUT array) to a very large
number eventually fixed the problem, though I have no idea what a
reasonable number for OUTSIZ would be or if another solution is better.

If necessary I can provide you with a dataset that triggers the problem.
Unfortunately it is quite large (~10 GB), but I can put it on our ftp server if
you need it.

regards,
Cormac.

Cormac Reynolds                      |   Phone: +31 (0)521 596507 (New!)
Science Operations & Support Group,  |   Fax: +31 (0)521 596539
Joint Institute for VLBI in Europe,  |   email: reynolds at jive.nl
Postbus 2,                           |
7990 AA Dwingeloo,                   |
The Netherlands.                     |