[daip] Re: question about directory tree layout

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jan 18 18:17:02 EST 2006

Vincent McIntyre writes:

 > in our old 31DEC99 installation we had a directory structure like this:
 >    $AIPS_ROOT/
 >             |-- EPPING
 >             |   `-- MSGS
 >             |-- NARRABRI
 >             |   |-- CHANGES
 >             |   |-- MSGS
 >             |   `-- SYSTEM
 >             |-- PARKES
 >             |   `-- MSGS
 >
 > and in the MSGS directories were text files, with names like
 >    DAOWN.LOG
 >    HEAD
 >    I000+
 >    README
 >    TAIL
 >    U000+
 >    U001-
 >    U281-
 >    U282+
 >    U283+
 >
 > etc
 >
 > The README tells me that these are for the GRUNT message system.
 > Is this still supported by 31DEC05 and later?
 > Is the directory layout any different?

None of these are in any official NRAO AIPS directory tree and they
never were.  They are something special for the modifications made
locally to aips at the ATNF.  Whether the contents are of any interest
I do not know.  Chris asked for a few changes which I made to assist
with more recent atnf installations.