[daip] Re: AIPS 31DEC02

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 27 10:40:34 EST 2006

Rekhesh Mohan writes:

 > A friend of mine requires aips 31DEC02. The reason he gave is that some
 > software requires this particular version of AIPS. When I checked the NRAO
 > ftp site, I noticed that 31DEC02.tar.gz and the install.pl has no read
 > permission. I do understand that this version is withdrawn and there is no
 > support available, but will it possible for me to download the files?
 > Let me know...

The code he wishes to use is Bill Cotton's special stuff for
directional-dependent phase calibration.  I am quite irritated at Bill
for not maintaining his own code and so making this problem.  31DEC02
is no longer supported and does not talk properly with more recent
versions (for magnetic tape).

Nonetheless, I have allowed read access to install.pl and
31DEC02.tar.gz in that area.