[daip] problems to download AIPS

Randae beralbar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 07:10:14 EST 2006

Hi!
My name is Alicia, i'm a PhD student working at JIVE (The Netherlands).
I'm trying to install AIPS in my laptop following the instruction of your
webpage, but I have the following error messenge:

AipsWiz:  =====> Creating or updating HOSTS.LIST file
AipsWiz:        -- Already exists, checking list of
host                       s...
sh: /AIPS/HOSTS.SH: No such file or directory
AipsWiz:        -- adding 1 host(s)...
AipsWiz:         -- Done.
rsync: failed to connect to ftp.aoc.nrao.edu:
Connection                        timed out (110)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at
clientserve                       r.c(98)
AipsWiz:  =====> Configuring your AIPS_ROOT area...
AipsWiz: Error: Cannot find
31DEC06/SYSTEM/UNIX/AIPSASSN                       .SH
AipsWiz: Error: AIPS SYSUNIX area is incomplete
AipsWiz: Error: (You may want to unpack the tarball
agai                       n)
AipsWiz: Error: Cannot proceed further!

AipsWiz: Install Wizard stopping.  Current settings
save                       d in ~/.AIPSRC
AipsWiz: Abandoning ship!  Goodbye.

Please, can you help me to solve this problem??

Thanks a lot!
Alicia