[daip] Re: CLCAL bug

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 15 13:39:05 EST 2006

Hi Jim etal,

So, it seems to be partially user error, but partially CLCAL behaving
badly when it is confused.

I re-ran VLBAFRGP, a slightly altered version which changed the VNUM and
VPUT CLCAL after each run.  The error was reproduced, so then I VGET
each CLCAL in turn and ran them again.

CLCAL #1: main calibrator calibrating itself: SNPLT fine
CLCAL #2: secondary calibrator calibrating itself: SNPLT fine
CLCAL #3: secondary calibrator calibrating itself: SNPLT fine
CLCAL #4: main calibrator calibrating target #1: extra points in SNPLT
CLCAL #5: main calibrator calibrating target #2: more extra points in SNPLT

Anyway, neither target was in the original CL table (CL/7) so CLCAL
seems to just stick in the SN table values for the calibrator.  This is
bad behavior by CLCAL, which logically should just tell the user that
the source they want to calibrate does not exist and die.

I will look into fixing CLCAL and you should figure out why your sources
disappear from the CL tables.

Cheers,

Amy