[daip] Help with AIPS tv

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 14 11:09:47 EST 2006

Mousumi Das writes:

 > I installed 31DEC05 version of AIPS as the root (using binaries from the
 > net). When I run aips, aips tv is not loading. Help please

First - it is a bad mistake to install the software as root.  The
installation process creates file that must be read/write to all aips
users and, when you are root, the group is also root and so no one
will be able to read/write these files.  I suggest that you do - as
root - a chown and chgrp on the entire aips directory tree to assign
all files to some account and some group.  All aips users should then
be part of that group.  You need root to change the /etc/services
file, but that is really all.

As for the aips TV please send me all messages that follow the

aips

command.