[daip] Re: AIPS question

Tracy Clarke schmarke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 22:32:20 EST 2006

Hi Eric,

Thanks for info. I have stressed to the folks here that I think they really
need
to make a revision to the way they convert to FITS so that the files are
more conventional. If for no other reason than that would make life much
easier when adding data. I'm glad that my FQ table modification is ok. It
seemed to work fine in the tests I ran. I was worried about CALIB because
when I calibrate the pseudo-continuum here I do it on the line data and give
CALIB a range of channels. I was not certain exactly what calculations went
into the use of those channels and in particular if the frequency of each
channel
was needed for the calculations. I guess that this is not the case then
based on
your e-mail?

So far things are much better here at the site than previously. I wouldn't
say the
data are anywhere comparable to VLA data but for bright sources where
resolution
at lowish frequencies is needed this system would be great. Unfortunately my
project is not
that so I'm not sure I'll get much out of this. It is still too early to
really tell though.
Cheers,
                          Tracy