[daip] Linux distribution

Gloria Dubner gdubner at iafe.uba.ar
Mon Feb 13 07:46:09 EST 2006

Hi Amy,

thank you very much for your help.
I hope that the aips installation  runs without problems, as
before.
Otherwhise I am afraid that you will hear from me again asking for help
:-)

Regards,
Gloria

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Amy Mioduszewski wrote:

> Hi Gloria,
>
> As far as we know there are not specific problems with Debian.  However
> you have to be careful what gnu compiler you use.  There is a binary
> install which you just download install.pl and type "perl install.pl
> -n", this worked for another user with a Debian machine so my hope is
> that it would work for you as well.  That way you would not have to
> worry about compilers.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Amy

  Dra. Gloria Dubner
  Instituto de Astronomia y Fisica del Espacio
  IAFE - Ciudad Universitaria
  1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina
  (54-11) 4781-6755, 4783-2642, 4789-0179, 4788-1916 (Int. 114)
  Fax:   (54-11) 4786-8114