[daip] UVCON error message

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 10 16:00:18 EST 2006

Hi Sean,

I have added defaults for APARM(7) and APARM(10)

APARM(7)=0 => APARM(7)=1..e6
UVCON calculates the number of the time point as: NUMT =
(HMAX-HMIN)/APARM(7) + 1
So the big default APARM(7)  generates only one time point.
Therefore APARM(7)=0 corresponds now to snapshot observation neah hour
angle Hmin.

APARM(10)=0 =>APARM(10)=1
APARM(10) is maximum fractional blockage of one antenna by another one.
By this definition maximum possible blockage is equal 1. Therefore the
default of  the APARM(10)  is ignore any blockage.

The other APARM s have a right for zero default:
APARM(4,5) Hmin,Hmax. Zero means zero of Hmin or Hmax, why not?
APARM(3) source declination   can be zero. why not ?
APARM(6)  minimum antenna elevation can be zero, why not

The new version of UVCON will be available tomorrow through the MNJ.

Thnak you very much for paing my attention to this.

Leonia