[daip] Linux distribution

Gloria Dubner gdubner at iafe.uba.ar
Fri Feb 10 13:07:05 EST 2006

Hi,

we are about to install AIPS in a new machine. Since we still not decided
the Linux distribution to use, I prefer to check before if you are aware
of incompatibilities or problems with some compilers (besides the problems
listed in the web page with some distributions of Red Hat).

Particularly, is there any known trouble with Linux Debian Sarge? What
kernel series, 2.4 or 2.6?

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Gloria Dubner

  Dr. Gloria Dubner
  Instituto de Astronomia y Fisica del Espacio
  IAFE - Ciudad Universitaria
  1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina
  (54-11) 4781-6755, 4783-2642, 4789-0179, 4788-1916 (Int. 114)
  Fax:   (54-11) 4786-8114