[daip] UVCON error message

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 6 18:39:20 EST 2006

Sean,

It is absolutely wrong idea using APARM=0 in UVCON.!

APARM(1,2)=0 => wavelength=1mm.  This is fine if actually want 1mm
APARM(3) = 0  => the source declination =0. This is fine if actually want  0
APARM(4,5) = 0 => both min and max hour angles are zero => Time
interval=0. I doubt you want it.
APARM(6) = 0   => Minimum elevation is 0. This is fine if actually want  0
APARM(7) = 0   => Integration time (time separation) is 0 => number of
time point (Hmax-Hmin)/APARM(7)+1 is not determined:  0/0+1
APARM(8) = 0 => Bandwidth=1MHZ.  It is fine if you actually want !MHz
APARM(9) = 0 => Nchan=1. It is fine
APARM(10) =0  May be correct but better using 1

So use APARM with the values you want., especially APARM(4,5,7).

       Still send me the list of all input parameters.
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I want to see what do you use specifically at CMETHOD, CMODEL, BCOMP,
NCOMP...

Is there CC table attached toyour model? If you want to use CC table as
the model you have to determine INVERS.

So.

1. Use the right values for APARM
2. Check other parameters as well ( I can give you advise having
received the list
3. Run UVCON Using model determined at SMODEL (IN2NAME=' ')
4. Run UVCON with the actual model but with right inputs:APARM, INVERS
BCOMP, NCOMP, CMETHOD, CMODEL,