[daip] AIPS help

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 27 10:54:25 EST 2006

lijingjing writes:
 > $A?U0W(BHello,
 > I am reducing the spectral-line data observed using the NRO 45m radio telescope in AIPS.
 >
 > Can I plot the P-V diagrams in any direction in AIPS? For example, in the direction of poision angle is 15 degree.
 >
 > If OK, can you tell me the tasks what need to use?

If the image cube is initially in ra-Dec-Vel order, use OGEOM to
rotate the image to the galaxy major axis or any other desired
position angle.  Then use TRANS to move the velocity axis to be the
first or second axis.  Then any display task - e.g. KNTR, TVLOD - will
display the cube in the desired arrangement.